Events, Clinics, Rides & Special Events at Trek Bicycles of Highland Park
Flat Repair Clinic ~ Every Last Thursday of the month
FLAT REPAIRS & BUILDING A FLAT REPAIR KIT
Get hands on experience at changing a flat tire. We will teach you step by step how it is done. How to take your wheel off the bike, how to remove the tire and tube, how to check what caused the flat, how to use a C02 inflator and cartridge, how to reinstall your tube, tire and wheel.
Also, be prepared on your ride. Always have a flat repair kit with you. If you don't have a kit, we will help you build one, so you have the emergency supplies you need to take on your ride.
>>> Bring your bike & flat repair kit (if you have one)
Space is limited. Please reserve your spot by clicking "Register" above. Tickets are FREE.
* This clinic will be offered every last Thursday of the month.
Night Out with TrekHP ~ Saturday, April 28th @ 5:30PM
SPRING ~ NIGHT OUT WITH TREKHP!
Join us and your favorite Brand Reps.
Refreshments, light snacks, raffle, special event only promotions and more!
We will be focused on showing you what's new for 2018. Vendors will have new products to demo and all the updates for your favorite bikes, groupos, apparel and accessories!
Vendors joing us for the evening:
- Pearl Izumi
- Gore Bike Wear
- Trek Travel
Group Ride 101 ~ Every second Wednesday of the month
JOIN US FOR GROUP RIDE 101
We will go over the basics and then put what we learn into practice on a 15 miles, leisure paced (~13-15mph) ride on the Skokie Valley Trail.
What to bring:
- Flat repair kit (tube, co2)
- Cycling attire (can change in our locker room)
- 5:30 - 6:00 Group Ride 101
- 6:00 - 6:45 Ride
* Skokie Valley trail is a paved trail that goes north and south along Highway 41
Wednesday Outdoor Ride ~ Wednesdays @ 5:30 PM ~ STARTING END OF APRIL
The "No Drop Wednesday Ride" is an event open to all levels of riders and takes off from the Trek Bicycle Store of Highland Park every Wednesday, weather permitting. Arrive early to change or prep your bike and be ready to roll out at 5:30pm.
Our Wednesday night group ride consists of two groups: Group A and Group B so no one is left behind!
- Group A 18-20 miles,17-21mph, fast paced ride, ideal for road bike and those who are looking for a great work out
- Group B 18-20miles,14-17mph, social ride, great for road and road hybrid
- Registraion is required (pre-registration is strongly encouraged)
- a bicycle that is safe to ride
- bicycle helmet
- bicycle lights
- flat repair kit